Friday, January 13, 2012

FRIDAY'S FIND

(In the interest of full disclosure, I must confess that I may not have actually found "Friday's Find" feature on a Friday.)


The Find:  Kaye Dacus--Humor, Hope, and Happily Ever Afters, "Internal Dialogue," Saturday, Nov. 17, 2007.


How did I find the find?  I went looking for it.

My reaction to the find? One of my critique partners raised the question about proper style for deep third-person POV. Since it seemed to me there is a difference between internal monologue and deep third, I searched for other perspectives. Ultimately, it may be a matter of personal and editorial style, but I liked what Kaye had to say.


Your turn. Where do you stand on the issue? If you're agented or published, what stance does your agent or editor take. Please weigh in with a comment. I'm eager to hear.


Write on!
Because of Christ,
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment