Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Giant Steps on the Journey


Within the past couple of weeks, I have taken what I consider to be some giant steps toward expanding my career as a writer. Friend and fellow writer Ramona K. Cecil began encouraging me to join American Christian Fiction Writers a couple years ago, and finally I acted on her suggestion.

When I commit to something, I jump in with both feet, so I also joined a couple of ACFW's listserves. Further, I am the fourth in a quartet of critiquing writers. What an opportunity to grow, first, as I write, knowing that my work will be carefully scrutinized before an agent or editor has opportunity to do that, and second, as a critiquer, which is a skill unto itself. I look forward to our growing into a cohesive unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment